N50 34.810 W1 56.138
When Steve first dived this wreck in the early 70’s she was known as the “Firth Fisher” which was her first name when built in 1898. She was owned by John Fisher & sons. She was bought in 1913 by Wilson & Reid of Belfast and renamed Castlereagh
On route from from Ayr to Shoreham she encountered gales which eventually flooded the ship which then sank. Captain William Blythe and the 10 crew all drowned.
Today the wreck lies at 30m and is well broken up with the bow and stern still recognisable.
Owners: John Fisher & Son & Wilson & Reid Belfast
Built By: Fullerton J Co. Paisley
Type: Coastal cargo ship
Date built: 1898
Tonnage: 443 grt
dimensions: 51.7 x 10 x 2.93 m
Engine: 1 x 2 cyl. Compound engine, single sgaft, single screw, 1 boiler Made by Ross & Duncan of Glasgow
Power: 88 h.p.
yard no.: 143
IMO/Off. no.: 99944